TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Idle Troubleshooting - 90TT (The saga continues)
People Seeking Info

Subject Idle Troubleshooting - 90TT (The saga continues)

Posted by fantomZ(OH) on February 19, 2023 at 8:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 199 times.

Message For future reference:
Part 1 La-Z-Link
Part 2 La-Z-Link

Ok it's getting interesting, here's what I've found digging deeper into this issue.

I pulled the IACV and Air Regulator and found one from a local u-pull from an Infiniti J30 (15 bucks, score!). When I got back, before installation I tested resistance across all 3 components, AAC, FICD and Air regulator. All came back within spec. Putting 12v directly to the FICD and AAC also gave me that satisfying clicking sound.

For thorough troubleshooting purposes, I thought I should double check the outgoing components. They also all came back within spec, and 12v directly to each solenoid netted the same clicking sound. Uh-oh.

I figure I would go ahead and put the newly acquired Air Regulator and FICD / AAC on just to attempt to eliminate the possibility of any fault in my old setup.

The idle issue persists with a new, known working air regulator, FICD and AAC - So, now what?

Learning more about how the AAC/FICD work, I finally got to a very specific fault. The plug from the harness to the AAC has no 12v power when the ignition is turned on, or when the car is running. Tested with multi-meter and test light. So even though they are fully operable, there is no power to operate them.

I started looking into this to see if anyone else has experienced and resolved this issue, leading me to this old post detailing the EXACT state I find myself in now.

Consistent with the above post in the archive, here's where I stand:

• The FSM says to check voltage from A.A.C. valve terminal & ground. It should equal battery voltage...it doesn't.

• Next FSM says to check: 1)"G" fusible link - Pulled, looks good, tested with multimeter, and it checks out.

• Then FSM states check 10A fuses - checked all 10A fuses, no issues.

• Checked continuity from ECU (pin 4) to AAC pigtail - Confirmed, it's fine.

The post above ends with the same question I have:
Now I'm stuck. FSM says the Ignition switch is M-36. Is that located in the driver-side kick panel or in the steering column behind where the keys go in? How will I recognize it, color/shape, etc? Anybody "been here before done that"?

I appreciate anyone who is willing to help, I have reached out to ZTicket(Dallas) since he never posted the solve for this, to see if he was ever able to.

If anyone else can point me in the right direction I would truly be grateful!

-Adam

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.