TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Need help troubleshooting A.A.C. valve problem. I replaced
People Seeking Info

Subject Need help troubleshooting A.A.C. valve problem. I replaced

Posted by ZTicket(Dallas) on August 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 455 times.

Message the entire IAA unit, but my idle still won't come up when I turn on the air conditioner & when I let off after sustained Highway RPMs it falls so low it almost wants to die. The valve clicks when 12v applied. The FSM says to check voltage from A.A.C. valve terminal & ground. It should equal battery voltage...it doesn't. Next FSM says to check: 1)"G" fusible link, 2)Ignition switch, 3)"10A fuses 4)Harness continuity between A.A.C valve & ignition switch and Ignition switch and battery +terminal.
The "G" fusible links look ok. I replaced all 10A fuses. Now I'm stuck. FSM says the Ignition switch is M-36. Is that located in the driver-side kick panel or in the steering column behind where the keys go in? How will I recognize it, color/shape, etc? Anybody "been here before done that"?
The 3rd step in the FSM is to check continuity between the A.A.C. valve and ECU. I did that and there is continuity. My EFI harness is new, the IAA unit is new. I'm getting older, please help!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.