TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Cylinder Compression Tester Recommendation?
People Seeking Info

Subject Cylinder Compression Tester Recommendation?

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on October 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 586 times.

Message So I've decided to replace the exhaust valve stem seals with the heads on. I'm planning on doing the pressurizing-the-cylinder method as opposed to the hold-the-valve-up-with-some-rope method (unless someone can convince me otherwise). Thanks for your help and previous posts my91z!

To pressurize the cylinder with my tinny air compressor requires a good seal with some cylinder compression testing equipment. The last time I did a compression test I borrowed someone's flimsy Harbor Fright equipment. I remember there was no convenient way to make the tester connection way down in the spark plug well. I was somewhat worried that if I accidentally tightened the coupling hose too much it may not let go or come apart when it was time to bring the tester back out, but if I didn't tighten it enough I might get false low pressure readings, or in monkeying around in the dirty spark plug well some small shit might unknowingly fall through the spark plug hole onto the piston. Rather unnerving.

Now I need this equipment again to hold the valves up while replacing the seals and I'd like to get decent equipment that serves both purposes. Can you recommend any cylinder compression testing equipment which solidly gets on and off way down in the spark plug wells? Most generic stuff I find online like below is that same old flimsy stuff I used before where there's a certain amount of risk involved in compression testing.

testing tester testing tester testing tester

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)
My Technical posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.