TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - How to use Ford motor mounts for a cheap stock replacement.
People Seeking Info

Subject How to use Ford motor mounts for a cheap stock replacement.

Posted by Zluster(Project Platypus) on July 07, 2005 at 11:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 6767 times.

Message This willl guide you through how to replace your old stock motor mounts with ford truck motor mounts which are cheaper and readily availible. The part number for them is 2698, made by Anchor, they cost about $30 at autozone and are usually in stock. They come out of a 1989 Ford F150 inline 6 cylinder 5.9Litre. The motor mounts themselves overall sit about 5-10mm higher, the threads are longer(doesnt effect anything) and the threads are larger by about 2mm.

To replace both you will need:
2 New Motor mounts
4 New Nuts(7/16 regular thread)
2 Washers(for the lower side on the subframe)
2 Files, one round, one flat.

Here you can see the differences between the two mounts:

Step one:
Remove motor:

Step two:
Using the flat file and open up the holes on the subframe enough for the motor mount to slip in.

Step Three:
Use the round file to open up the hole on the motor mount bracket on the engine.

Step Four:
Reinstall engine

Thanks be to Ash who originally found out that these can be used. And thanks to Tim(Woody75) for telling me about these.

-------------------------------------------------------

Knowledge brings fear - mars university
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. — Phil
Sarcasm is the only intelligent person's response to irritating stupidity. — Matthew White
Let us eat and drink; for tomorrow we shall die. - Isaiah 22, 13
A man has to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink. - W.C. Fields
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water. - W.C. Fields
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
- Frank Sinatra
Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell

so i got raped by an 80 year old man last nite... - dogpile 19:28:16 08/16/03
"......a f lat bed construction truck tried to rape the front of my car......." - Snoguitar 12:01:58 05/11/03
It isn't road rage if the other guy doesn't see it coming. -Bil ly The Kid 4-18-03
Do you drive your Z like that...? (n/m) - yellowpearlz.........Like what? - Zluster(Denver) .............like it escaped from a body sh op. (n/m) - YugoBernie (NoVA)
..........I thought your money was in Gart h's g-string last I checked.(n/m) - YugoBernie (NoVA) 12:13:37 04/13/04 When I think of a comeback you are in big trouble... (n/m) - BigTDogg (MA) 12:23:29 04/13/04tt

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.