TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'd Next Check the Injectors/Seals
People Seeking Info

Subject I'd Next Check the Injectors/Seals

Posted by Cjw3 on April 05, 2024 at 12:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 56 times.

In Reply To Let's save this 1992 300zx Twin Turbo posted by ZTurboFan on April 05, 2024 at 11:59 AM

Message A Good Functioning Fuel System in MY NA's will hold fuel pressure for a Few Weeks..

If the Fuel Problem is Caused by Leaking Injectors/ Injector O Rings ( Lower Ones ) then it will not hold Pressure.. However A Bad Checkvalve in the Pump, or Bad Regulator will also Cause it to not hold Pressure..

I'm thinking Remove the Supply/Return Fuel Lines from the Filter Area, and Plug the Return to Tank Hose from the Fuel Rail. Then Put a Pressure Gauge and a T with a Valve on the Supply Side..

Using the Fittings of your Choice, See if you can Pressurize the Supply Line to the Fuel Rail, and have it actually hold pressure for at Least Minutes.. if not Hours..

If It drops Quickly, then A fuel System leak is Likely to Blame for the Fuel Fowled Plugs..

If you end up yanking the Intake, do the 'Dremel Method' On the Manifold while it's out.. Much Easier to do on the Bench than on the Car.. And not as much of a Mess..

I've done the Dremel Method on a Few Ports of the Early Manifold, and then when I had my Late Intake off doing Injectors I just Ground all of them..

I used a 'Big Industrial Dremel'.. Heavy but a lot faster..

I just kept putting the Manifold on and off the Check Clearance.. And then Kept looking at the Port Location, VS my Grinding Location.. I never got close to what I thought was going to Rupture Through.. But it was Nerve Racking while I was doing it..

What does it have for an ECU?.. Chipped?..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.