TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Lets get some details...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Lets get some details...

Posted by Hiruzaiz32 on December 11, 2023 at 1:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 126 times.

In Reply To Lets get some details... posted by Agent X on December 11, 2023 at 12:28 PM

Message There's a lot to mention with the ac, let's just say replaced all the o-rings, replaced the evaporator core, vacuumed the lines, and recharged it. Originally the freon was leaked out due to bad o rings, even the EVAP had a leak. So after all that the ac blows cold now.

I fixed the AC long long long after the heater stopped working, so unrelated to the heat. Simply, at the time, the heater worked while the ac compressor didn't. And apart from replacing unrelated stuff (belts spark plugs, starter etc-), I remember draining all the coolant and from then on I had only filled the coolant through the radiator cap with 1 gal. And I never did the procedure of turning on the heater, never even filled it up through the reservoir. So I definitely did the coolant refill incorrectly but never noticed overheating. The incorrect coolant refill procedure is the only related thing I remember having done to the car before the heater stopped working.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.