TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Voltage issue with AC
People Seeking Info

Subject Voltage issue with AC

Posted by Hiruzaiz32 on June 28, 2023 at 11:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 145 times.

Message So guys I've recently fixed my ac! Blows ice cubes at around 30° when I drive.
Sadly coming across an issue though when I idle with the AC on for too long.

Initially I couldn't even get going because the battery light would immediately come on after engaging ac. It was going from 13.60 volts down to 12.20 with the AC engaged. I fixed this by tightening both the alternator and then the AC belt. The AC belt was the final nail in the coffin as it was slipping, causing the alternator belt to wiggle and jump. Tightening the AC belt allowed me to run the AC at around 13.40 to 13.50 volts.

My issue comes in in that the AC belt continues to slip and I've tightened the belt almost seven times now. I suspect this to be my main issue, but I'm not sure what to do. When I drive, I'm able to run the AC for as long as I'd like. But when I idle, my voltage continuously drops lower and lower till all the belts stop once it reaches below 12.70 volts.

YES, my engine continues to run, but all my belts stop when it reaches that low of voltage. This causes it to overheat, and just messes up the battery.

The alternator is brand new. How can I get the AC belt to stop slipping? And it slipping, could it really cause my voltage to continuously drop at idle??

•the pulley nut and adjuster screw does not seem to get loose when ac belt slips
•ALTERNATOR IS BRAND NEW
•BATTERY TERMINALS ARE CLEAN
•VOLTAGE ISSUES ONLY ARRIVE WITH AC USE
•AC BELT ONLY SLIPS AFTER CLUTCH ENGAGEMENT AND disengagement

Give me thoughts please.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.