TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I'm leaning towards a bad alternator.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I'm leaning towards a bad alternator.

Posted by Hiruzai_z32 on April 21, 2023 at 10:27 AM
  This message has been viewed 97 times.

In Reply To I'm leaning towards a bad alternator. posted by Agent X on April 21, 2023 at 07:23 AM

Message For awhile I did have the j hose beyond the steering fluid pump leaking and I imagine that's what kinda of hindered the alternator. It seems to still work but maybe not as good as it did? Maybe some diodes died as they say?

But I'm coming to the conclusion that the issue is the compressor clutch :(

Without freon it doesn't turn and when it doesn't turn and I click the auto button the rpms rise like the alternator *IS* supplying the power.

Issues only start when clutch kicks on. When it does I notice the belt from the compressor to the engine cooling fan slows down which in turn slows all the belts, even to the alternator.

It is spinning a bit easier NOW but maybe it's still having a hard time like it's partially stuck? This would explain why on one previous occasion the belts were skipping and the fan even stopped when it was engaged.

Do you think there's a fix to this compressor clutch? If I loosen the belt is there a way to spin it by hand and test for seize?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.