TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: thxs all the help. Now puddle under car.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: thxs all the help. Now puddle under car.

Posted by tian2bing on February 20, 2023 at 4:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 95 times.

In Reply To thxs all the help. Now puddle under car. posted by tian2bing on February 20, 2023 at 02:47 AM

Message my theory is this:

If the whole car's coolant volume should be 5 quarts,
then maybe 4.5 quarts is enough for daily driving wihtout overheating, other things being mechanically healthy.

In my car, before I did the water pump and thermostat, there were indeed 4.5 quarts. Because of the leak(pressure loss) at the back of the engine, it overheats a little, but won't drop any coolant to the garage floor.

Now, after I did the water pump and got the coolant up to top ( 5 quarts), 0.5 quarts of coolant will leak out from the leaking area , which is maybe at the top/back somewhere, until it drops to 4.5 quarts.

just a guess.

:Removed water pump and it is good, nothing wrong.
:Test drive for 20 miles, and guess what, coolant coming out of the bell housing.
:Must be some leaky hoses at the back of the engine.
:I'm going to rest a few days and go get the culprit.
:In the mean time, does anyway have some sort of a diagram that shows what/where are the coolant lines at the back of the engine?
:
:
::But, its a new OEM thermostat and I drove it for only 500 miles.
::Tested the thermostat and it opens fine, to 14mm.
::After that, I've observed that the heater is lukewarm, does that mean the heat valve has a problem? If it does, will it be the cause of the overheating in the first place?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.