TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Injector problem solved!
People Seeking Info

Subject Injector problem solved!

Posted by Zxpress on February 12, 2023 at 10:23 AM
  This message has been viewed 204 times.

Message So, it started with one injector not firing. As I did the usual balance test, I unknowingly opened a can of worms. My injector connectors were on their last leg. Pulling them off caused the old, brittle things to short out right at the little boot. So, then I was suddenly down to one cylinder trying to fire. But there was some major gaslighting going on. I pull the connectors back and check with a noid light, they showed good. Put the connector back on, no go. So by pulling the connector back, I was closing the short. I ran a 9volt battery through pin 58 and the other post through the ground pin at the ECU. I then jumped the connector to the injector using speaker wire and gator clips. No click. The short is now not closing when I pull the injector back. So I bypass the ground at the connector by clipping to a sharp probe and pierced the ground right behind the connector and hell's bells- click, click, click. Soldered in all new connections. In the middle of all of this, I pulled the PTU to test and that also created a short in the sub-harness used to make the newer style work on older cars. When it rains, it pours. I pulled the CAS to do some testing, so all I have to do now is set the timing. But at least it is idling smooth as silk. This one was driving me crazy. I hate electrical gremlins.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.