TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Heater Core has no effect on Engine Overheat
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Heater Core has no effect on Engine Overheat

Posted by tian2bing on February 10, 2023 at 10:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 143 times.

In Reply To Heater Core has no effect on Engine Overheat posted by Cjw3 on February 10, 2023 at 01:23 PM

Message I want to mention one thing that may shed more light.

When the car still has thermostat in it, I turn on heater even if I just cold started the car. Obviously, all I got is cold air.

I drive the car until the coolant temp needle is at half mark (or maybe 7/16). A few minutes later, the needle goes beyond 1/2 (overheating) , another few more minutes later, it goes down back to 7/16, at which exact moment, the heater will blow lukewarm air.

:The Heater Core in the Cab, actually has a Proportional Valve that controls the Flow of water for Heating the Cabin.. So the Inference here is during Hot days when the AC is on, and it's hot outside, there is usually NO Flow through the Heater Core.
:The Block check is a complete tear down.. Lets Avoid that.
:The Thermostat is an 'Intake T-Stat', that limits water Flow INTO the Block.. It's subject to Air Fowling and Debris Problems..
:Might Re-Insert it into the Housing and let it do a Warm up in the Driveway till the Radiator gets warm to see if it might have been an Air Bubble?..
:Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.