TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - More data inside ----->
People Seeking Info

Subject More data inside ----->

Posted by fantomZ(OH) on February 07, 2023 at 6:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 151 times.

In Reply To Idle Troubleshooting - 90TT (Part Deux) posted by fantomZ(OH) on January 28, 2023 at 04:32 PM

Message I finally had a chance to watch Conzult through the whole warmup cycle as well as experiment a little. Included, there's several short videos at various stages in the process:

1. First, the cold start idle As long as I don't rev the engine at this point, the idle will stay high enough to maintain without fluctuation. But I do notice that interestingly, the right bank seems to be rich, while the left is lean. This stays true throughout the monitoring and may be important.
  2. Second, I verified proper operation of the neutral switch, if for no other reason than to rule it out as a possible issue.
  3. Third, I grabbed a view of the idle fluctuation to illustrate how extreme the swing is at operating temp.

4. Fourth, the response upon slight engine rev almost resulting in stall.
  5. Finally, a small experiment at operating temp where I only ever so slightly depress the accelerator, allowing the IACV duty cycle to normalize. Upon release, the behavior is consistent with the warm idle readings.

So - Any Conzult gurus out there care to hazard additional guesses? I'm wondering if that right bank rich is potentially a stuck open injector. What am I missing?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.