TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm afraid it could be the tune, and I can't check it
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm afraid it could be the tune, and I can't check it

Posted by Agent X on January 27, 2023 at 8:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 145 times.

In Reply To It sure sounds like... posted by Denis on January 27, 2023 at 07:34 PM

Message It starts right up most of the time. Very rarely when hot it might struggle like it wants to die and I have to gently work the throttle, then it smooths out. It doesn't smoke while driving or idling and exhaust doesnt smell like gas. Spark plugs all look the same and seem to be in good shape. I think it's in the tune or I have some kind of electrical gremlin. But I don't have the knowledge or tools to check the tune. I sent an inquiry to Z1 and part of their response was " I just haven’t seen a chip cause one to run so rich that it would cause the oil to smell of fuel."
Based on the reading I see from the AVC-R it's fine while driving but A/F goes real rich at idle. If it wasn't for the smell of gas in the oil, everything would be great.
I have tried a leak test twice on the fuel rail with air and under warm water with no bubbles, at ~50psi.

--------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------
Conversation between my sister and my wife (shortly before we
got married):
Wife: "You know, sometimes I think he loves that Z more than he
does me."
Sister: "He probably does, and as long as you're okay with that,
everything will be fine."

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.