TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fuel in oil
People Seeking Info

Subject Fuel in oil

Posted by Agent X on January 26, 2023 at 12:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 195 times.

Message 93TT, 5spd, Fed
I have been trying to figure this out for a while now and am at a loss. The gas in the oil isn't bad- not flooding the oil pan but when I pull the dipstick out I can smell gas. It wasn't doing this before injector upgrade, so here's a little backstory:
Z sat in the garage for about a year with a couple bad injectors. I towed it to George Aslinger (Custom Concepts Motorsports) for injector upgrade, tune and timing belt service just to be safe. The work was completed and everything has been good (except for the fuel in oil). It runs great, idles fine, no gas smell in exhaust.

So when I noticed the smell, I tried to get in touch with George with no success (he has closed his business). I have an AVC-R that piggybacks the O2 sensor on one side and at idle it sometimes drops to 11. I know this isn't exact, but it's what I have to work with.
Since the original work, I have changed O2 sensors, coolant temp sensor, FPR, tested the fuel damper vacuum line (holds vacuum with a hand pump), new relocated knock sensor, set idle- TPS and IACV assembly, check both throttle plates to be in sync, cleaned MAF and swapped with another (no difference), cleaned pop charger, cleaned various electrical connectors in engine bay, disconnected battery for a day (multiple times). No codes.

I currently have the plenum off and the fuel rail assembly in a bucket of warm water. I have tested with air pressure to about 50psi with no bubbles.

Is it possible there is a residual voltage on an injector letting it bleed the fuel down slowly with the car off and causing an injector to run more fuel than programmed?
The car runs great except for the fuel smell in the oil. I have been searching and reading lots of posts and am open to suggestions, as I am out of ideas.

--------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------
Conversation between my sister and my wife (shortly before we
got married):
Wife: "You know, sometimes I think he loves that Z more than he
does me."
Sister: "He probably does, and as long as you're okay with that,
everything will be fine."

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.