TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Why doesn't disconnecting my IAA valve make a difference?
People Seeking Info

Subject Why doesn't disconnecting my IAA valve make a difference?

Posted by Polishzx on November 13, 2022 at 7:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 208 times.

Message The idle stays the same, when I believe there should be a ~100rpm drop. Is there anything else that could cause this besides a bad IAA connector? This is besides the IACV being bad itself, as I recently installed a known good unit which appears to function perfectly in every other way besides this test.

For more backstory: I was having some very minor idle issues where the idle would be steady at 850rpms for 15 seconds, then it would drop down to 700 for about 10 seconds and then go back to 850. This cycle would be totally consistent when it happened, but it wouldn't always happen while driving. One other thing I noticed while troubleshooting is that I didn't get a change in idle when disconnecting the IAA connector or using Idle Adjust in Conzult.

I did a bunch of steps to resolve the idle issue that didn't make a difference, until I recently replaced the IACV with a known good unit. The idle is now totally rock solid, it behaves exactly like it should, TPS is set perfectly at correct voltage, I can't detect any issues and I'm otherwise totally happy with how the car idles.

BUT, I still don't get any change in idle when using Conzult in the Idle-Adjust menu or by just disconnecting the IAA connector all together. I get the exact same behavior as the old IACV, despite my new IACV appearing to function perfectly. I believe this indicates there is still an issue that I need to resolve, which is why I am looking for some other opinions.

Any thoughts and suggestions welcome!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.