TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Also put a vacuum gage on when running to see what.>>>>>>
People Seeking Info

Subject Also put a vacuum gage on when running to see what.>>>>>>

Posted by ZUL8TR on November 07, 2022 at 9:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 130 times.

In Reply To Re: Check that coil specs. Try switching that coil with one > posted by cm1wrx on November 07, 2022 at 08:34 AM

Message readings are and how steady (that is important). It may be old school but helped me many times thru the years with many cars I have worked on.

With engine at say 1500 revs you should get a very steady needle at about 20" Hg. You could have a vacuum leak that is messing up idle at around 700 revs. At idle the reading should also be very steady.

Here is a link on vacuum gage readings.

[ http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/vacuum/ ]

Compression test may not seem an issue but worth a look to see how healthy the engine is and especially the different psi values between the cylinders. Compression test values should be considered more of a relative test rather than absolute psi since different gages will give different results with different temps and other. I always use the same gage and do cold temp (to keep that variable close to constant and known) and keep track of the relative psi readings for future reference.

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.