TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 300zx Fuel Issues (Resolved.... I think...)
People Seeking Info

Subject 300zx Fuel Issues (Resolved.... I think...)

Posted by cm1wrx on November 01, 2022 at 3:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 212 times.

Message Well, it starts! Sort of.... For those just tuning in, please see 300zx fuel issues original post.

Installed 6 new injectors, with adapter kit for early style fuel rails (car is a 91 NA 2+2). Before, it appeared as though I was having issues with fuel flow (2 new fuel pumps, fuel pressure verified, etc.). The injectors were getting 12v and signal however after cranking and cranking the plugs would always come up dry. Originally, I had the stock injectors (car was running but needed a TON of maintenance so I took a bunch of stuff apart) professionally cleaned and had them sitting for several months before installing. My thought was that after the cleaning and sitting for so long without fuel, the injectors corroded (passed all ohm tests but you are only measuring resistance across the coil so....) and would not open.

Long story short, I put in the new injectors and she fired right up! Still not running correctly and won't hold idle (assuming I have a wiring issue somewhere still.....) but it fires, which is a lot more than it was doing before. Plan is to check all the injector and coil wiring again and make sure everything is functioning. I am fairly confident that I will find a bad connection but will let you know. I really hate it when people don't share their resolution so I will be sure to do so. Thanks to everyone that helped! Especially Aaron who was kind enough to message me and offer additional assistance. Really appreciate the wealth of knowledge and the overwhelming support. Will keep you all posted!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.