TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Won't Release Gear
People Seeking Info

Subject Won't Release Gear

Posted by Anskiere on July 28, 2022 at 6:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 163 times.

Message Hi,

I've got an issue whereby when I do a pull in any gear to high RPMs, my car will not come out of gear post-pull. I had thought it might be a clutch issue but I'm starting to think it might be a transmission issue. What do you guys think?

I'd previously posted on 3zc and the facebook group and people had advised me to pull vacuum from the booster. I tried that today and there was no effect. For reference my car is an automatic converted to a manual, pre- my ownership. Its got a vacuum cannister but not a typical clutch booster. That's what I disconnected for testing.

I've bled it a whole bunch of times. It seems like for the most part the clutch works, and it works at almost all RPMs. Its just when I do a pull to very high RPM it doesn't disengage. I pushed it in/out probably 10 times in testing today and eventually I just pushed the gear selector out of gear. I do have a spare transmission but if it is the transmission I might try to get a '98 since the car is already 32 years old (1990) and that would likely serve me well for the next decade while maintaining my spare.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.