TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Check the connectors to the bulbs, is there anything in the
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Check the connectors to the bulbs, is there anything in the

Posted by Dizmone on May 21, 2022 at 9:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 160 times.

In Reply To Check the connectors to the bulbs, is there anything in the posted by Bernie (NoVA) on May 20, 2022 at 10:31 PM

Message I have the '99 JDM Headlights though I tried plugging regular bulbs into the connectors to rule out the headlights. I'm getting zero voltage to the low beam connectors and zero voltage to the high beam connectors.

With switch set to on, I tested voltage going to the H/Lamp L&R relays - I'm getting voltage from the red wires(Left) and red/white wires(Right). No voltage to the pink or pink/black wires. Obviously no power in the red/black & red/green wires which route to the bulbs.

The only voltage going to the dimmer switch is from the green/red wire, which makes sense because all parking lights, tails, and cluster lights function.

When testing the connectors (plugged in) to the signal/highbeam stalk and headlight switch, I am not getting voltage in the pink & pink/black wires.

All relays are brand new, all fuses and fusible links are good. I have a new battery harness installed. Everything in the car functions normally. Car starts and idles just fine. If literally everything

I'm really just trying to understand at what point the pink & pink/black wires should receive voltage. From what I'm understanding from the diagrams and my FSM, the headlight switch would take power from the red/blue wire and transmit it to the pink wires. Is that correct? Could my original and used replacement headlight switch both be bad?

I plan to disconnect and clean the grounds located on the body near each headlight. I've read that faulty Theft Warning Control Units and Time Control Units have done wonky things with the headlight functions. I plan to look into those as soon as I get a chance.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.