TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I deleted my "plenum side" of the PVC system as well, for
People Seeking Info

Subject I deleted my "plenum side" of the PVC system as well, for

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on May 10, 2022 at 5:48 AM
  This message has been viewed 209 times.

In Reply To Re: Keep in mind that it's just a pressure relief - you're posted by 300zulater on May 09, 2022 at 08:24 PM

Message the same reasoning. Also, with the intake valve covers plumbed to the turbo inlet, there is always going to be a vacuum of some degree, regardless of manifold charge pressure.

The previous thing I was trying to point out is that, especially when you're talking about air pressure, a very small opening can be sufficient in preventing pressure build-up. Also, keep in mind that blow-by isn't putting that much into the crankcase in relation to time. Now, if the case was completely sealed, then, yea, the pressure would accumulate bit by bit with every stroke of the engine and cause the issues you listed.

I understand your concern, but I haven't really heard anyone talking about the "front" PCV system being inadequate. I know there's a lot of guys with this specific mod - maybe they can share their thoughts as well.

In the end, if you're still concerned, you can run unrestricted hoses to a catch can. That's what I'm thinking of doing - mostly to completely eliminate oil going into the intake tract.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.