TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Like Kvert says, with it off (disabled), I'd think you'd be
People Seeking Info

Subject Like Kvert says, with it off (disabled), I'd think you'd be

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on March 24, 2022 at 1:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 185 times.

In Reply To Re: JWT530BB no boost past 9.5PSI with EBC posted by Kvert on March 24, 2022 at 09:22 AM

Message boost-limited by the spring. If you're boosting higher than the spring pressure spec when the EBC is disabled, then the wastegate isn't getting any, or sufficient, pressure from the boost source (nothing to push the actuator in the wastegate to open the valve), regardless of whatever pressure is generated.

Assuming the native spec for the wastegate is 9.5psi - since that's only what makes sense, really... In your other piece to this, with the EBC on and you being limited to 9.5psi, no matter how you adjust the controller, it's acting like OEM safety boost, where there's no bleed-off or restriction from the boost source (9.5psi will push the 9.5psi actuator and open the valve, thus limiting boost to 9.5).

For this to happen, it seems like there must not be plumbed correctly... or maybe there's a defect with the boost solenoid. I'd double-check against the diagrams to be sure - it's not impossible to misinterpret where things go.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.