TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Timing Belt adventures...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Timing Belt adventures...

Posted by MikeJ on March 21, 2022 at 2:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 122 times.

In Reply To Re: Timing Belt adventures... posted by MikeJ on March 03, 2022 at 12:12 PM

Message Just an update on the job, i felt like breaking down and rebuilding the 120k maintenance was pretty simple.
The power steering line has presented difficulty but was done.
Unfortunately i have created 2 issues...

1. Code 13... i replaced the sensor with a new one, still code 13, i did the ptu move to the front bumper spot under the headlight, pulled the wires apart carefully, re ran and sealed the wires,
I feel like i made a solid connection for the new sensor.
I tested the sensor by running the car, then pulling the sensor to clearly hear and see that it was doing its job while the motor was running, Not sure why im still throwing the code. Only on the ECU, no CEL on the dash. Ive searched a lot of people have issues with this.

2. Now i have an engine tick... Suddle, yet at the same point noticeable, speeds up when i rev, I feel like it was probably there before but it seems more noticeable now.

Here's funny one for you. I painted my calipers, I put my front ones on backwards so my nipples were on the bottom. (accidentally, did not pay attention). Put my wheels back on, not sure why considering i still had to bleed them, broke my wheel lock lol.
Now i have to break my lugs off just to flip my calipers. All n all a great experience working on the car, feels good to know the motor intimately. I feel its an intimidating motor to get into but i enjoyed it.
Thankyou everyone for the help and tips you given to me and posted over the years, i look forward to future jobs and more advice alone the miles

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.