TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - If I was a little closer, I’d be up for it - used to live in
People Seeking Info

Subject If I was a little closer, I’d be up for it - used to live in

Posted by Woodnutz (PA) on January 26, 2022 at 5:21 PM
  This message has been viewed 128 times.

In Reply To Looking at doing my first 120k next month in Lehigh Valley posted by MikeJ on January 25, 2022 at 10:44 AM

Message Coopersburg, in Greencastle now. First thing I’d do is try to verify you’ve got quality parts - especially the bearings and timing belt. I’d post photos and ask for visual confirmation from the group here (unless you’ve got order details/receipt from wherever the PO bought them from). Definitely don’t want to be going with eBay or Amazon-sourced parts.

For the belt squeal (seems like the PS/water pump belt), you’re going to take them all off anyway - wise thing is to replace with new accessory belts.

The YouTube videos are great for getting a feel for what you’re into, but it’s more critical that you follow the writeups that are available. Check the tech pages here and anywhere else you can find them. Torque values are critical and you don’t want to be just rolling the the generic German torque spec. FSM is a helpful tool as well. One note - in one of the writeups I used, there was a torque listed for one of the timing belt cover standoffs - I attempted said torque and snapped it off. They just need to be snug - once you tighten the outer bolt for those two standoffs, they’re good. Hopefully that saves you from that one.

Good luck! It’s not that tough, you just have to be meticulous in following the steps to the letter.

- Aaron

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.