TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Interior lights/door pin switches
People Seeking Info

Subject Interior lights/door pin switches

Posted by Ajgray04 on October 30, 2021 at 4:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 247 times.

Message So I have been searching around the internet about infamous interior light problems the z’s have. Mine is an 89 JDM rhd 300zx twin turbo. I have made sure all fuses are good to go, I bought a new interior dome light (the whole assembly not just bulb, one above our head not map lights), I bought new door pin switches and boots and installed them. My only concern now is, when I press the passenger side door pin, I here a clicking in the quarter panel. When I press the driver side (rhd) I don’t hear the clicking. Am i missing something? Now the driver side does not have the frame nut anymore that the little Phillip screw goes into. So for right now, it’s just connected with a little bit of weather stripping glue. I don’t think that screw attaches to a ground because it looks like there is only one wire going to it. If the screw does attach to a ground, am I screwed? Lol After installing I reconnected the battery, did check the fuses, all still good, no interior light. Map lights work, stereo works, dash leds and pod leds work. All lights work. I don’t think my car has footwell lights unless someone knows where they are hidden because I have had the glovebox off, nothing. So I definitely want at least one interior light to come on at night lol.

Follow Ups
  • Interior lights/door pin switches - Ajgray04 16:43:06 10/30/21

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.