TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - After thinking over this for awhile I'm going to toss
People Seeking Info

Subject After thinking over this for awhile I'm going to toss

Posted by Ghoztt (MD) on October 28, 2021 at 3:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 174 times.

In Reply To Need help with low rpm engine stumble issue. posted by Woody75 (Denver) on October 26, 2021 at 06:06 PM

Message out a few observations. Feel free to toss me and my opinion out as well. I am literally spit-balling in the dark.

While the difference in compression numbers on the one side seem suspect, it may also be unrelated. Chalked up to a defect in the casting & machining process, it's difficult to say they are connected. The fact that there are 2 other cylinders with relatively the same numbers but you're not feeling 3 distinct idle fluctuation issues leads me to believe they are unrelated to the problem at hand.

You mentioned you had all the correct readings, fuel pressure, spark, etc. Was there a difference in the strength of spark in one cylinder vs the others? Have you checked the wiring harness itself for issues? Perhaps a damaged wire creating resistance values difficult to bridge at lower rpms? Coolant temp sensors have given me a fit before with intermittent issues making the car feel loss in power. Of course it wouldn't hurt to check for loose or broken ground cables as well.

Does the stumble sound like it's in time? (same cylinder, position on timing belt or cam/pulley?)

1993 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop (Oxford Gray Metallic)
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Gunmetal Gray)
- Long Live the Z and Godzirra! -
"Love cars. Love people. Love life." - Mr. K.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.