TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Clutch Issues
People Seeking Info

Subject Clutch Issues

Posted by WisconsinZ on October 25, 2021 at 3:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 181 times.

Message I pulled my 1990 2+2 TT out of storage this spring and I had a dead clutch pedal right to the floor and took multiple pumps to get it to work at all. Recently I replaced the slave and clutch master cylinder. I bled, bled and bled until no air from either of the 2 bleeder screws. The car sat over a month until I got a chance to drive her. It drove and shifted like it is supposed to for about 10-15 miles. It sat another couple weeks and then I drove it again and made it about 5 miles when I couldn't shift it at all and the pedal was flat on the floor once again.. I was dead on the road and finally got it into gear while running and made it home shifting mostly ok. I bled, bled and bled again and I believe maybe some air came out. Still couldn't shift. I adjusted the master linkage and went too far and the clutch just slipped but pedal felt more firm. I adjusted it back and the pedal went flat again but clutch still slipped. The clutch has less than 5000 miles on it. I have a braided stainless steel line to the slave. I'm thinking maybe the new master cylinder is junk but I wondering what you guys think. Thank you so much for your help!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.