TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The final mysteries (hopefully)
People Seeking Info

Subject The final mysteries (hopefully)

Posted by Clarm88 on August 04, 2021 at 9:27 AM
  This message has been viewed 288 times.

Message So, I'm at the point where I just have to install the cruise control module and cable then the accordion, charge and hardpipes before replacing the old fuel, bleeding the clutch, and adjusting the timing to have it running again. Before doing this, I'd like to solve the remaining mysteries in case they end up being in the way. They are as follows:

There are two apparent vacuum lines running to and from what is possibly a valve solenoid behind the passenger side headlight.
Not the best pic but you can see it is mounted toward the outside of the right side intercooler: 20210731-193602

The two vacuum lines attached to this run back along the inside of the fender and end here. One goes through the fender well into the engine bay just to the right of this pic. The other disappears into the hole seen near the top left of the pic. You can see the line from the aiv going to the aiv solenoid in the engine bay here as well. The line that goes into the engine bay is in a bracket along with a wire that I believe connects to the cruise control module. However, I do not see anywhere to connect this hose to the module. I am left wondering where it should connect to:
20210731-193616

This pic shows where it is in the engine bay. It is the line in the bracket closest to the camera. Maybe it connects to the washer fluid nozzles since I think the reservoir is in front of the solenoid or whatever it connects to and there is currently nothing connected to the plastic bridge to the nozzles on the hood. However, I don't see anything connected to the solenoid other than a wired plug so it would only make since to carry fluid based on where the other line is leading to/from beyond the fender:
20210803-224032

These appear to be the same two lines seen in this pic(courtesy of Robo):
Courtesy of Robo fender off

Another mystery is what this component is and where the other end of this plug should go. I kind of remember seeing it somewhere in my research but I can't seem to find it again. It is under the nose panel toward the passenger side. I tried to trace the lines going off of it but I couldn't quite follow. I'll try again from underneath once it's up in the air again:
20210803-004140
20210803-004148

This is the plug connected to it that has one end loose. I'm really not sure where this should go:
20210803-004156
The other side:
20210803-004202

Next, are these two wires that have been cut. They run under the brake booster but I can't seem to find where they run to either from the otherside of the firewall behind the dash or from under the car. I finished installing the glow gauges PO had started but I have no instructions or idea where the wires for the gauges should connect to. I'm not familiar with them, so maybe these wires and those from the gauges should be connected to a module? Any ideas what they could be to?
20210803-223959

I just found this connector today. As you can see, it is next to the fuse box, just above the coolant reservoir cap. Any idea what this should be connected to?
20210803-225313

Finally, there is this plug which has been cut at the wires. It is found under the car, just above the hose leading from the aiv to the exhaust. The other end appears to be a pigtail connected to the harness. Any idea what this could be?
20210803-231742

20210803-231748

Sorry for the long post and I'm not just trying to have everyone do the work for me. I've researched these issues about as much as possible and I have done a ton of work leading up to this point. I'm just stumped on these issues and could use some advice. Thanks to all who comment.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.