TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - You got some reading to do
People Seeking Info

Subject You got some reading to do

Posted by Cjw3 on July 31, 2021 at 8:08 AM
  This message has been viewed 221 times.

In Reply To Beginner Drift build posted by Gagej on July 30, 2021 at 10:42 PM

Message 93 Na.. So I'm thinking you have Old Style of Injectors. They will Fail. The Coils for the Injector are not Isolated from the Fuel, and the Fuel will ultimately eat them up..
The 'New Style' of Injectors are a Little Different and require adapter pieces to install.. also the Injector Plugs are different.

The Intake Manifold needs to come off to do the Injector Swap. You will cuss Nissan the First time you take the Manifold off.. It's a PITA and the Manifold was installed while the engine was out of the Car.. that is the only way to get at all the little goodies underneath..Period..

While the Intake Manifold is off, you should do a few things..

1) Delete the Water tubes going to the T-Bodies. No need and lots of stuff goes away.
2) Take off the 'Hot Start' Sol Control on the Drivers Side Manifold Bracket. Not Needed and it's just stuff.
3) GRIND Clearance on the Intake Manifold to allow the removal of the Injectors while the Intake is Installed. It's called the 'Dremel Method' It's done to allow the removal of one injector. I prefer to just do it to all the Spots so you can change any injector.. Be Carefull.. do not take too much.. IT WILL TAKE YO A LONG TIME TO DO!! ir worth it.. I've had the intake off my '95 Motor 3 times for Injectors trying to pass smog.. It was not untill this last time I broke down and 'Dremeled' all 6 spots.. I'm a slow learner.
4) Look at doing the 'PCV Relocate' on the Cam Covers. Ir your swinging the car around, sometimes the oil will get succed into the Intake Manifold through the PCV System.. Somewhere here are pictures of the Mod.
5) on the back of the Intake Manifold at the Drivers Side, are THREE systems used to allow the Engine to Idle Properly. THIS IS OLD SKOOL STUFF. One System is a Thermal Controled Air Leak to act as a Choke High Idle for the Car. The Second is an 'Idle Up Control' for the Air Conditioner, and the Third is a ;Normal Idle Air Control System, ( Think IAC ).. THE ONLY PART THAT IS NEEDED IS THE IAC SYSTEM. The other two can be deleted, and the DAMN WIRE PLUGS that are IMPOSSIBLE to get to can be removed.. so you are left with only one difficult plug.. that you can splice a plug on elsewhere.

I installed the 'Ford Truck' Motor Mounts on my NA. This raises the engine by about 1/2 Inch, and provides better access to the side of the Engine from the Top.

The '93 will be an 8 Bit ECU. you have an Automatic. The Prom will need to be changed to a Manual Program. I sugest getting your ECU Socketted, or do it your self.. I did a Write up on it that is in the FAQ Section. As you get more comfortable with things, you likely will want to start programming the ECU.. I'm running a Moates Battery ROM on mine, and I can change the Tune on the Fly with a program called Tuner Pro. Mostly I'm playing with Off Idle Transitions.. For some unknown cause this 300 of mine does not like to Off Idle run.. I've been messing with it..

Hunt around, you will fine lots of information here.. Not all of it you will agree with, and that allows you to make your own choices..

Enjoy your car!!..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.