TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Since when are brake pads warrantied? What is different >
People Seeking Info

Subject Since when are brake pads warrantied? What is different >

Posted by ZUL8TR on July 31, 2021 at 5:41 AM
  This message has been viewed 141 times.

In Reply To 2 different part numbers for front brake pads? posted by CaptainGSR on July 29, 2021 at 01:27 PM

Message per the dealer say so? Unless you have them side by side for a physical compare and know the pad composition (not likely) than here very likely nobody will know. Your original pads could have been greatly different in composition that OEM replacements unless you find NOS pads? You also need rotors and are the OEM available?

I certainly do not know the difference with the part numbers you note.

FYI I bought my 92NA in 12/92 (my DD and business car 1992 --> 2009) and still have it at 94k as a occasional driver (about 500mi/year). In the early years went thru issues with the OEM front brakes and rotors working with the Nissan dealer on fixing pedal pulsing and abnormal rotor wear, so they turned the rotors and eventually gave me new rotors under warranty on wear items (?) the dealer was certainly working with me. Regardless never got it right ;-( Tried different pads and had the replaced rotors turned. Still not really OK ;-( I eventually scraped the OEM front rotors and other pads and went with Raybestos matched rotors and pads they are still on the car and have proven to be a great combo for my use: no pulse, stops straight and no pull, great wear on pads and rotors.

Your Quote- "I don't want aftermarket pads/rotors on this car. It is my daily driver/weekend cruiser. "

Why such requirement a for only OEM brake wear items?

Your Quote- "Plus, I am too old for this s..."

Since you state you are too old for this s.... I agree there are other things in the years ahead that are way more important (retired 78 year old Civil Engineer).

ZUL8TR

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.