TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks, made sense but it didn’t solve the problem. But
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks, made sense but it didn’t solve the problem. But

Posted by doug8867 on July 28, 2021 at 5:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 145 times.

In Reply To Try simple first- check/clean battery posts and clamps. posted by Agent X on July 25, 2021 at 09:14 AM

Message The car did start again when I tried it on the first try. I noticed the aux fan came on like the car was hot. I let it run for several minutes, turned it off, then tried to retry it. I got nothing but the dash lights come on. No click, no sound, no nothing.

I waited for several minutes then tried again. This time, I heard the hum of what I assume is the fuel pump priming, lights on dash, but still no start. So it was a little different than what happened several minutes earlier.

Based on what has transpired, I would bet that if I try to start it tomorrow it may start again after it has been shut down for awhile.

Also, prior to all this I disconnected the radio to take it out of the equation.

The fan coming on right away after the car hadn’t been started in days is a bit puzzling. But the fact that it starts, then doesn’t, then does, then doesn’t, then does, then doesn’t is something I haven’t experienced before.

Note, I’ve replaced the PTU and the coolant temperature sensor in the past.

Still at a bit of a loss..

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.