TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Further developments
People Seeking Info

Subject Further developments

Posted by Clarm88 on July 25, 2021 at 12:58 AM
  This message has been viewed 151 times.

In Reply To The mystery continues... posted by Clarm88 on July 20, 2021 at 09:17 AM

Message So, I mounted the iacv pipe to the driver side where it belongs and will either plug the hose that was connecting it to the pcv bung or cap the actual bung if i can manage to get the hose off; the clamp screw head is facing the engine with a hair of clearance. As for the rest of the mystery, I have determined that the boost jets are that based on comparing them to the ones sold by conceptz. The larger one is a stock restrictor based on this: [ http://www.thumper300zx.com/z32/factory_jets/factory_jets.htm ]”>a

Since the restrictor was found in the hose y-d to an identical hose going into the throttle body under the plenum and both hoses had boost jets in them, I am assuming the hose under the plenum has the same restrictor in the other end. The hardline that usually runs to the throttle body is replaced by this hose and the gallery it should run into behind the engine is uninstalled. Therefore, I decided to do the bypass the plenum coolant lines without pulling it. I will plug this hose or cap the nipple if I can manage to. For now I have it connected to the hose running under the outside of the plenum to the outside of the throttle body, making a closed loop. Otherwise, I am basically following conceptz and other tutorials for the bypass and reroute but capping the lines on the driver side. I think this should suffice just to get it to run. Then, I can remove them when I pull the plenum in the future.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.