TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The mystery continues...
People Seeking Info

Subject The mystery continues...

Posted by Clarm88 on July 20, 2021 at 9:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 226 times.

In Reply To It sucks taking on someone else's project posted by Clarm88 on July 17, 2021 at 02:27 AM

Message So I disconnected the 2 lines from the y, connected the actuator, pipe, and solenoid according to diagrams, and pulled the top line from what I'm still assuming is the IAC pipe (as woody75 seems to agree). This is that hose:
20210719-235915

What I found was a boost jet in each end; both appearing to be different sizes. I also pulled the jet out of the end of the other line that was going to the y. It's hard to tell if this is the same size as the smaller diameter jet or not. These are the 3 jets I pulled out:
20210720-001334

What's even more strange than the use of 2 jets in one line is that both of them were inserted small hole first. PO said he actually shipped the car to JWT, per their request, when the ecu was tuned. So I don't know if they installed the jets originally or not but I doubt they would have done this. Maybe the larger diameter jet is a factory restrictor and PO put a jet in the same line? I think I'm going to spend less time trying to understand what PO was thinking, since nobody on here seems to know either, and either use the smaller diameter jets in the line from the hardpipe to wastegate actuator or just order new ones to be sure of the size, and install them in the right lines.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.