TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It sucks taking on someone else's project
People Seeking Info

Subject It sucks taking on someone else's project

Posted by Clarm88 on July 17, 2021 at 2:27 AM
  This message has been viewed 365 times.

Message I've made a lot of progress but I'm back again for some help. It's challenging trying to understand what someone else was thinking. I'm rebuilding the PO's project and I'm confused by yet another thing I've found. While attempting the arduous task of getting the vacuum line on the passenger side wastegate actuator I noticed that the mysterious Y hoses going underneath were already connected to the nipple. I traced them back and one goes to a hardpipe which attaches to the rear PCV elbow bung on the driverside valve cover. The other goes under the plenum and attaches to the inside of the throttle body. I found a tube assembly in the trunk that I believe was originally routed between the pcv valves behind the engine. I'm thinking PO used the hardpipe from the IAC line on the driver's side (since it's missing) to connect the pcv line to the wastegate actuator. I have no idea why. Is there a reason to do this considering the car has BOVs, JWT tune and intake, injectors, turbos...supposedly made 500hp? Maybe he made a mistake, was just throwing shit together at that point, or was planning some kind of reroute. I need to connect the valve solenoid to the actuator and I'm just wondering what to do with these 2 other lines since I'm also doing a PCV delete with a catch can. I got a section of heater hose to replace the missing IAC hardpipe but I'm thinking I can use the original one, if I'm correct, off of where it's connected to the pcv. Then cap and plug but I don't know where the line under the plenum is normally routed to. I'm pretty sure the driver side line goes to the third tube that's built into the balance tube. Should I just T it to that? Where does it normally go? Does the carbon canister also connect to this assembly and if so where should it be rerouted? I've been trying to find the answers myself for a few days with no luck so thanks in advance for any help.

The valve just below and behind the spring that the line in question connects to: 2210716-000043

Looks like it connects to the other side of the throttle body: 20210716-000113

Here you see the line coming off of it under the plenum:
20210716-000246

The top large hose is this line. Here it connects to a Y with the other hose and goes to the wastegate actuator:
20210716-000221

This is the other hose from the Y. It is connected here to What I believe is actually the hardpipe from the IAC to the charge pipe that is missing: 20210716-000352

The other end where it connects to the pcv bung:
20210716-000515

The tube assembly i found that I think the pcv is originally connected to (IIRC I finally found the part on conceptz and the description stated it was often deleted when the turbos are upgraded);20210716-000717

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.