TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Intake help
People Seeking Info

Subject Intake help

Posted by Clarm88 on June 20, 2021 at 11:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 204 times.

Message Hey everyone, I'm a long time enthusiast, first time owner. I have a question about my 90 TT Z32 that I'm rebuilding. The previous owner said he had sent the ecu to JWT for tuning and then sent them the car, upon their request, to tune properly. He doesn't recall what intake was installed at the time but it came with a brand new intake still in the box. It seems to be a cheap y-type pipe with 2 yellow half-circke shapes filters. I seem to only find the same part on eBay for around $60. According to him it had previously ran a little over 500hp and confirmed with a dyno a few times. Rather than installing what appears to be a crap eBay intake that has been in a box for a few years, I'm planning on buying something better. The question is should I go stock(think I have the stock box without filters), single pop charger, or dual pop charger? If his tune and mods are pulling those numbers I'm thinking dual pop but I'm also wondering if that would work with the tune or would I have to reprogram the tune? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.