TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Blowers not running (No hot or cold air)
People Seeking Info

Subject Blowers not running (No hot or cold air)

Posted by sandisc on February 28, 2021 at 5:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 130 times.

Message '90 JDM TT

My Hvac was mostly working for a couple months. There would be times where the Auto Climate wouldn't blow any air, but upon restarting the car it would generally come back up and work fine. Cold air when the AC is on and Hot when desired.

Recently the blowers stopped working all together, I can hear the vent move when swapping from Cold to Hot, nothing when switching to defrost. the Controls are lit and responsive. I have attempted to go through the self diagnostic to send voltage directly to each fan and nothing.

When this happened the weekend before, I was driving the car around and smelled essentially fish, which i assumed was a melted wire of some sort at the time.

I have:
Checked my Fuses - Look good as far as i can tell
Checked the Resistor behind the glove box - no major build up of debris and wasn't sure how to actually test that connection

Normally the next thing to check would be the blower relays, however my question is, each relay controls a singular motor, since there is 0 air being pushed through, it has to be something else up the line? Or if the Blower Relay behind the Drivers Fuse box is bad, the others wont get any power?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I live in Alabama so having AC is quite important! Thanks in advance!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.