TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Ignition switch
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Ignition switch

Posted by ExtraTitanian on January 17, 2021 at 12:54 PM
  This message has been viewed 159 times.

In Reply To Ignition switch posted by JaredLopeZ on January 17, 2021 at 09:20 AM

Message :Can’t seem to find this answer anywhere. I have looked. I have an issue where if my battery is connected the car is always on. As if the key is in and turned all the way just before starting the car. The radio is on, the a/c blows all the dash lights are on etc. this is all without the key in the ignition. If I start my Z I cannot turn it off by removing the key. I have to pull
:The fuel pump relay for the car to shut off. Then disconnect the battery so it doesn’t drain. As you can imagine this is very inconvenient. I have determined it’s very likely my ignition switch( unless someone has other ideas). I want to replace it but I have plans to eventually convert my TT to a 5 speed but not for a year or two. It I change the ignition switch, can I get away with replaced it with the standard ignition switch instead of an auto. Would rather not have to source/ buy the part twice.

Sounds like the switch failed. Only way you're going to know is to pull it and test the circuits with a multimeter while you rotate the key. Looking at it though, all the switches should be the same, should just need to replace it once. Bernie has them for $75, says they're all models.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.