TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Turbo disassembly question
People Seeking Info

Subject Turbo disassembly question

Posted by MyBlueZ on December 15, 2020 at 5:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 177 times.

Message Hi folks. I'm reasonably new to turbos so forgive me if these are easy questions. I have a set of GT28R/GT2560's that I acquired on an engine I'm using for a TT swap. I plan to take them apart to remove the rust from the turbine housings and have them ceramic coated, as well as install a purpose-built Z32 adapter kit and new wastegate actuators for them when I reassemble (they have a homemade kit on them now).

When I remove the CHRA there are two o-rings on it I think, one each sealing against the compressor and the turbine housings. Do those need to be replaced when I put it back together or can they be reused? And where is a good place to acquire them if I need them?

Also, on a ball-bearing turbo like this, what am I looking for other than obvious signs of physical damage to tell me the turbos are good/bad? I have the downpipes off and can see the turbine wheel as it sits right now. There's carbon build up for sure but the shaft spins free with no wobble and there doesn't seem to be any play front to back.

Thanks for the guidance.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.