TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 300ZX Misfire/Hesitation under load
People Seeking Info

Subject 300ZX Misfire/Hesitation under load

Posted by TwinTumor on December 12, 2020 at 11:56 AM
  This message has been viewed 375 times.

Message Hey so i've made a post in this forum a little while ago, and haven't had any improvements. I'm going to try to explain my situation better this time. I really want to get it running because I have a TT engine I am throwing in this NA car soon, and would rather drive to my shop than get it towed. So anyways its a 1995 NA Z32,
my problems are:
-Hard start and sometimes backfires out exhaust during cranking
-Random misfire/hesitation under load starting around 2-3k rpm. I've gotten it past 4k, but it sounds like it isn't firing on all 6.
-It also bucks pretty hard if I don't let go of the throttle when it starts acting up.
Weird:
-My idle is perfect, and revving the car with the throttle cables seems fine, although I didn't rev it by the cable for that long because of my neighbors.

what I've changed:
MAF sensor
Coolant Temp sensor
Fuel Filter
New battery
Cleaned all contacts and connectors, no green or yellow corrosion.

What I personally think it could be:
-Failing coilpack that works but under load it gives out
-Leaking injector as this can result from the backfire out exhaust during start up
-CAS could be worn, but I haven't heard these taking a poop
-Spark plugs from Z1 NGK, but I changed them about 15k miles ago, I checked one of them and it seemed perfect, however maybe i should replace all of them, but why would it idle good?
-Fuel pressure regulator I didn't see fuel coming out of the vacuum hole however I have a new one and will change it soon
-Fuel pump I can hear the pump buzz when turning the key to on position, maybe when under load it can't keep up?

Thanks any help would be grateful as I have to do the TT swap soon, and would like any advice so I can get my dang car down the shop!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.