TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Seeking tips: engine reassembly addendum to the FSM
People Seeking Info

Subject Seeking tips: engine reassembly addendum to the FSM

Posted by BlackholeZ on November 28, 2020 at 11:31 AM
  This message has been viewed 179 times.

Message I've slowly been working towards putting my motor back together and kind of running out of excuses not to. I've got a paper FSM and plan to follow it closely but I wanted to solicit recommendations from this community on anything to add to or modify from the FSM's instructions.

I'm doing basically a stock build, nothing fancy. I'm not too worried about the externals as I've rebuilt those dozens of times, this is just my first time putting the internals together (taken them apart plenty. ??

Things like dumping some oil in the pickup to help prime the pump, cranking it without plugs and fuel to build oil pressure. The kinds of things learned from experience not available in the book. I'm also curious about break in oil but I imagine that's been covered plenty and I'll be off to the search tool as I get closer to needing that info.

Happy holidays all

-Dan

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.