TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I will take pics... more info and what others suggest
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I will take pics... more info and what others suggest

Posted by Ts2 on October 14, 2020 at 10:55 PM
  This message has been viewed 199 times.

In Reply To I will take pics... more info and what others suggest posted by Ts2 on October 10, 2020 at 05:37 PM

I took pics of the ecu and noticed pin 30 had some damage as if it was burned, but only on the blue connector not on the board. After checking the pinouts its for the TPS ground.
Also the potentiometer on the ECU was set to diagnostic mode Clockwise turned.

So I did the following:
1. Switched the potentiometer to Counterclockwise then turn key to ON: Result Ecu communicated with the software for a brief minute, then stopped.
2. Turn key to ON, Set pot to clockwise 3 sec then Counterclockwise 3 sec, counted 5 short and 5 fast light pulses= code 55 all good.
3. Swapped ecu's to test if problem is the same with good working ecu, result: no communication and 55 code.
4. Reverted back to original ecu but wiggled 14pin grey connector, result communication for a few seconds then stops.

The only mods done were to change guage and pods to led but there was a point where one of the black gauge cluster connectors made contact with the dash metal bracing and caused a spark, no fuses blown though.

Tomorrow I will switch and splice the 14pin consult connector and test the ohms for each consult wire with its associated harness pin to test for any short. Any other suggestions?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.