TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Guidance please: Flex fuel conversion or not.
People Seeking Info

Subject Guidance please: Flex fuel conversion or not.

Posted by Mike@Zspeed1 on September 07, 2020 at 8:49 PM
  This message has been viewed 225 times.

Message The 93 TT will be getting new injectors in the coming weeks.
Z shack in Houston Will be doing the work. Since I have to get new injectors obviously I’m gonna go bigger because over the coming years this car is just gonna get more more powerful.

The plan is to go with AUS 750 injectors.
I have three options.
A: Injectors and dyno tune for 91 octane.
B: E85 conversion and dyno tune.
C: Flex fuel conversion. So I can run E85, 93,91 etc...

I want to do B. But living where I live in Minnesota there are not many gas stations that offer E 85. They are out there but not as convenient as you would think. Especially where I live at. The further north you go E85 stations are few and far between. So I need to be able to run premium as well.
That’s where if I do C (flex fuel conversion) I can run E85 when available and premium as needed.

The flex fuel conversion is 2x the $ what a E85 conversion would be. And rightfully so.

I’d be happy with doing a injector and 91 oct dyno tune with chip. But we need to get 91 oct in the tank to tune it. And from searching online I can’t find any place that sells 91 oct in Houston.

**91 oct is generally the highest you can find in MN. Yes there are places that sell 92 or 93. But it’s pretty uncommon. So a 91 tune is what I would need unless we go flex fuel.

What are your thoughts.

The last option:
D) Do injectors only. When car gets back to MN run the tank empty. Fill with 91 then send the ECU to be chipped to 91.

*** The TT is in TX right now. After all work done will be transported to MN.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.