TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: boost leak testing and idle drop questions
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: boost leak testing and idle drop questions

Posted by acetrebo on August 11, 2020 at 5:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 148 times.

In Reply To boost leak testing and idle drop questions posted by acetrebo on August 10, 2020 at 12:45 PM

Message Ok the boost issues are driving me nuts on this car.

I was able to fix my idle drop issues, by adjusting the TPS, and playing around with the idle settings some. Now it still idles perfect, and doesn't stall.

Also, I did the knock sensor bypass. When I was working on IAC, I must have broken a wire on the detonation sensor connector, and I fixed it. But then I tested the harness, and neither side had continuity. I had code 34. I bypassed knock sensor now no more code.

However, I'm still only getting 7psi. I'm stumped. I cant find any leaks of substance, my knock sensor is bypassed, but still no boost. Im about to try to remove the boost jets and see if any difference. IDK. Im not sure where to go next. Ideas?

Im also starting to wonder if the mod I did to disable the knock sensor, also disabled the wastegate selenoid, IDK. Its an easy remove, just one wire to disconnect.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.