TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 91 TT Starts but dies after short idle. TPS, fuel pump???
People Seeking Info

Subject 91 TT Starts but dies after short idle. TPS, fuel pump???

Posted by Eleanor 18 on June 14, 2020 at 6:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 276 times.

Message This is my first post so first off I'm glad the forum is here for Z owners! My 1991 TT has been sitting relatively idle in my driveway for 2 years and my HOA has decided the Z is a nuisance since it rarely moves. I have both turbos smoking so its a long term fix before i can get it running in ideal conditions. The immediate issue is that i had a bad starter and I replaced the power cable to the battery along with the oil pressure switch. Once all of that was fixed I cannot get the car to stay running after its started. She starts right up and the rpm settles to just under 1k and it dies after about 10 seconds. I replaced the fuel filter yesterday to no avail and the ECU code shows 5 3, "Exhaust Gas Sensor Circuit (right)" . Could an O2 sensor cause the engine to shut down after a short time? Im going down the list of causes like fuel pump, injectors, TPS and O2 but i'm not sure if anyone else has seen this??

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.