TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Low boost, no codes, boost leak tested normal
People Seeking Info

Subject Low boost, no codes, boost leak tested normal

Posted by Shutoburner on June 04, 2020 at 7:46 PM
  This message has been viewed 239 times.

Message As the subject says, I have been chasing this low boost issue on my 93 TT with 31k miles on the clock. It has several loose hoses and dry rotted vacuum lines. All has been replaced with silicone lines. Plenum pull last week with valve covers and EGR delete was completed. I found the EGR vacuum that was basically detached. At any rate, i had boost leak on testing before that. I was hitting 3-4 PSI before that. Now, with everything addressed, I get maybe 5-6 max. I checked for codes 3x and no codes showed up. I then changed my precats and main cats to aftermarket downpipes And test pipes to see if that’s the issue but low boost persists. Checked my bypass valves which held vacuum fine on test but changed them anyhow since I was stumped to New GFB recirc valves.

At this point, only thing I can think of might be a bad wastegate solenoid or seized turbo...After putting the downpipes and test pipes, I do hear slight screeching as the boost comes on. Any ideas? I would take it to a Z mechanic but closest one is about 3 hours away. Thanks for any input!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.