TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Low Battery voltage and fuel injector ticking >>>>>>>
People Seeking Info

Subject Low Battery voltage and fuel injector ticking >>>>>>>

Posted by JULIAN on April 04, 2020 at 5:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 161 times.

Message Here is a lesson I just learned over the last day. I have not started my car for the last 2 months and it has just been sitting. Yesterday I decided to try and start it and of course found my battery dead and according to my battery charger the battery was only 3.2volts yes 3.2volts !!! I jump started my car and it started and the injectors were ticking very loud and the car seemed to have been running very rich as some smoke smelling of fuel was coming out of the exhaust, which it never does. I let it run for about 5 minutes but it does not get any better and shut it off. I hook up the battery charger and it says that the battery was only 11.2volts. I let it charge overnight to 100% and 13.9 volts and start the car. It starts up fine, no more loud injector ticking and no more more smoke. I am guessing that the low voltage of the battery was messing with the injectors and ECU. Just sharing my experience.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.