TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - TPS hard idle switch connector pins removal
People Seeking Info

Subject TPS hard idle switch connector pins removal

Posted by jeff1954 on March 25, 2020 at 6:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 202 times.

Message 1991 Z32 NA : Wondering if anyone has ever successfully removed the connector pins inside the TPS hard idle switch connector. Mine has no rubber weather boot (crumbled). After replacing my TPS & resolving the 1500 rpm idle speed thing, (so far) I'd like to just replace that rubber boot with a Bosch one. Connector corrosion has been a constant thing with my Z32 over the many years.
Nick at CZP suggested an R & R with their aftermarket connector. Ordered & received one. No slack in the wiring harness to do any soldering, and a mismatch in wiring gauges. Not even gonna attempt it. Appreciated the idea though.
Aside from just taping it up & move on, de-pinning then slipping on a new boot would be my best solution. No luck as yet in de-pinning that connector though. Dental pick; jeweler's flat-head screwdriver; etc, no joy.
Would very much appreciate a suggestion on any specific tool, technique, or brand of automotive connector de-pinning tool set that has worked on the TPS hard idle switch connector. Thanks.

Follow Ups
  • TPS hard idle switch connector pins removal - jeff1954 18:36:29 03/25/20

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.