TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Horn not working 91na
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Horn not working 91na

Posted by MyBlueZ on February 10, 2020 at 8:59 AM
  This message has been viewed 157 times.

In Reply To Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Horn not working 91na posted by Potacka on February 09, 2020 at 08:00 PM

Message I got to thinking last night that there could be significant differences between your 91 and the 90 which is what the online service manual I was using was showing. I found a 91 manual here:

https://cardiagn.com/electrical-system-300zx-1991/

It's probably a bit of clickbait site, so just be mindful but it does actually show the manual and there are some differences.

It looks like ground is provided to the horn switch through a dedicated black wire in the harness. I didn't have a huge amount of time to look at it, but I think that is actually using the same ground as the cigarette lighter -- probably behind the center console.

There also appears to be some interaction with the ASCD -- cruise control system -- and possibly the theft system. It was impossible to tell whether the 'theft warning horn' and the regular horn are the same thing, in which case there are additional relays and systems that the horn wiring may go through.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.