TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Horn not working 91na
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Horn not working 91na

Posted by MyBlueZ on February 08, 2020 at 10:38 AM
  This message has been viewed 192 times.

In Reply To Re: Re: Horn not working 91na posted by Potacka on February 08, 2020 at 08:05 AM

Message Ok so you've eliminated the horn switch, the line between the horn switch and the relay, and the line between the relay and the horns. Now you need to eliminate all the relevant ground connections and the line from the battery to the fuse and the relay.

It's not obvious on page 89 that battery power actually goes through a fusible link first before it gets too the fuse block -- see page 5 of the EL section. I know you said you had 10v at port 2 of the relay, but it's possible that power source is not strong or there is a partially cut line, partially blown fuse, or partially melted fusible link.

Pull the fuse and inspect it to make sure it's not partially blown. I'd replace it to be sure. Then check continuity between the fuse block and the relay (battery disconnected of course). Move your meter probe around a bit and see if it's intermittent continuity. They are within inches of one another so I'd guess this is ok but always check.

Then check the fusible links near the battery. On page 5 of the FSM it seems to show that the third one in from the left/drivers side of the car is what feeds the horn fuse in the block, but I'd check them all to be sure. Then check continuity between that fusible link slot and the fuse block itself.

Then I would check all possible grounds. There's a body harness ground near the fuse block as well as the ground for the horn switch itself. My 90 doesn't have an airbag and is grounded through the steering column I believe.

Hope that helps.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.