TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Consider this...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Consider this...

Posted by MyBlueZ on January 29, 2020 at 8:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 154 times.

In Reply To Consider this... posted by thumper300zx on January 29, 2020 at 04:13 PM

Message How about if the fuel pump is actually still running when the relay is pulled? How could that happen -- a short somewhere that bypasses the relay and grounds out the power to the pump or pump controller? Not sure that's even possible. At least highly unlikely.

But -- what if the FPR diaphragm not only broke but broke in a way that it blocked the return? Nowhere for the fuel to go but into the cylinders.

When you were relieving pressure, did you open the gas cap? Did you defeat ignition in addition to fuel? With 40+ psi at the rail it should have started for a few seconds at least to burn off most of what was there.

I can tell you that I purchased a Z that sat unused and uncranked for three years with half a tank. I was surprised to find it still had 5+ psi at the FPR when I took it apart. Had no way to crank/start so just had lots of rags and a fire extinguisher handy. So I think getting to complete zero without actually starting it up and burning off what's left in there is going to be hard.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.