TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fuel Leak
People Seeking Info

Subject Fuel Leak

Posted by MITTZX on November 19, 2019 at 9:38 AM
  This message has been viewed 263 times.

Message On two occasions now my ’91 TT has had a significant fuel leak. Both have happened on the first start after the car sat for 7-10 days. There was no fuel smell/leak until I tried to start the car on either occasion. My mods are up-to-date in my profile.

On the first occasion, the car had been sitting for +/- 10 days. I tried to start it and it ran very rough and then stalled. I immediately smelled fuel. I got out and opened the hood and saw no sign of a leak in the upper engine bay. I looked under the car and there was a large (+/- 12” diameter) puddle of fuel under the right-rear side of the engine bay. I rechecked the upper engine bay, including all fuel lines, dampener and regulator and found no leaks. I let the car sit for +/- 12 hours and tried to start it again. It fired right up, idled normally and had no fuel leak or smell. I started the car daily for the next +/- 2 weeks with no further issues. The car then sat for +/- 7 days.

The next attempt to start the car it started and ran but I smelled fuel within a few seconds. I again opened the hood and saw no signs of leaks in the upper engine bay. I looked under the car and saw fuel dripping down in front and behind the engine area, with the majority in the rear of the engine area. I shut the car off and let it sit for +/- 6 hours. I then started it again and the fuel leak under the car started again. I let the car sit for +/- 24 hours and started it again with no sign of a leak. I have started the car several times per day for the past 7 days with no sign of a leak.

Any idea what could be causing this?

How can you have any pudding when you don't eat your meat?
Pink Floyd-1979

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.